Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Great Article About Getting Effective Links

Yesterday I posted one of the best articles I've read in a long time about getting high value links. It was written by John Gergye and is called How to get 50 High PR One Way Links Each Month.

In the article John lays out a very detailed strategy for posting articles on high impact sites. What is unique about the strategy is that John recommends you post your articles on regular websites not on article archive sites. As he says,

Typically article banks, directories and the like are NOT going to be your best bet. Sorry. I’m not saying you shouldn’t submit articles to them as part of an overall article marketing scheme. Just don’t do so in the hopes of snapping up many high PR one way links is all.

Instead he suggests you do a search for your most important keywords and find some sites that rank for those keywords that accept articles. Then make a list of the sites that have articles with a PR3 and above.

One of my own best examples of such a site is BF Printing. I have a couple of articles on this site on pages with PR4. And they are highly relevant for the keywords I emphasize in these particular articles.

Another similar site is my own InternetGolfReview.com where I post golf articles which are mostly my own.

The best example in my own stable of sites is my Linknet Pages. These offer a perfect opportunity for authors across a wide range of topics. Surprisingly I have not received many direct submissions. I get the impression that marketing article writers talk a good game, but in the end, most either do not have the time or the motivation to do the hard slugging. They are content to submit through a service like PhantomWriters.com, or send their articles out through a group list like Publisher_Network at Yahoo Groups.

You can find John Gergye's article at this address: How to get 50 High PR One Way Links Each Month.

0 comments: