Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Google PR Update Update

There has been a fair bit of gnashing of teeth since Google's most recent PR update last week. I have not been able to assess the "damage" in a very thorough way, but my impression is that things have not changed much with my sites. A few things I've noticed:

1. My first PR5 for www.small-business-online.com
2. One PR4 was demoted to a PR3. This was a site I have been ignoring, so it was probably justified.
3. A couple of other PR3s were promoted to PR4.
4. A number of interior pages were moved down from PR2 to PR1.

Most SEO experts think the recent changes reflect a more rigorous application of new rules. My own impression is that rankings are still pretty inconsistent. I continue to think that PR is less and less important in the overall scheme of things.

--------------

My new Linknet Advertising project is scheduled to be released August 1, but more likely will be unveiled around August 15.

0 comments: